This question appears regularly on the Captivate forum: how can I insert captured slides in a master slide that has a logo and other information on board. Perhaps this small tip with a step-by-step planning can help you achieve your goal. Some images are attached to explain the workflow. And you will need some maths (you know probably already that I'm a maths-lover) but I'll provide you with a simple rule.
For this example I wanted to create a master slide to have a final SWF with a resolution of 920x600 pixels. The captured slides were created with a resolution of 640x480pixels, which left enough space to be filled with logo, text, etc.
Step 1 (in Photoshop or other app) - create the Knockout
Step 2 (in Captivate) - first rescale
- calculate the difference between the widths of the vertical bars: 200 - 80 = 120 pixels
- new width project will be 640 + 120 = 740 pixels
- calculate the difference between the heights of the horizontal bars: 70 - 50 = 20 pixels
- new height project will be 480 + 20 = 500 pixels
deselect 'Maintain aspect ratio' and introduce the new dimensions
under 'New Size is Larger', select 'Keep project the same size and position project Bottom Right; I choose this because the bottom bar and the right bar have the smallest dimension;
Step 3 (in Captivate): second rescale
- deselect 'Maintain aspect ratio' and introduce the final dimensions
- under 'New Size is Larger', select 'Keep project the same size and position project Center
Step 4 (in Captivate): apply master slide
The Gallery is not really showing the image as I posted them. The white space that is added after the rescaling has partially be trimmed, and the difference in total size is not visible because all images are rescaled automatically. I'm very sorry about that, should move over to a better blog hosting.
Please let me know if this kind of small tip is useful, and do not hesitate to give me suggestions.