Get your feet wet with Hide/Show
- a text container, an image, audio object or any other non-interactive object like a static widget/interaction
- a button, click box, text entry box or any other interactive object (like some interactions, widgets)
- a group of objects
Step by step
- Open Advanced Actions dialog box, you'll act like for creating a Standard action
- You can add the Action Name now or later; we will not use this action as an advanced action. If you add the name Show2 you will be able to keep it when saving as shared action or change the name.
- Create the two statements
- Show Object1
- Press the button 'Save As Shared Action' (see first image in Gallery
In the Shared actions dialog, give a Title, Description of the shared action, description of the parameters - the parameter name is not important (those are the present object names) but description is (second image in Gallery)
In the Advanced Actions dialog box, the shared action will appear in the dropdown list for the script templates (see third image, only script template that is always available is Blank)
The Shared action will also appear in the Folder Shared Actions in the Library (see fourth image: this shared action was already applied 4 times, if you didn't apply it, number 0 will appear for Usage).
Use case: Highlight boxes
Watch this example movie, click on the green arrow in the center:
As you could see in the fourth image of the Library for this one-slide movie, taken from a presentation I did for the Adobe Education Summit in Barcelona (2013) about Flipped Classes, I used only 3 shared actions:
Hide2 is used once for the close Highlight button that appears with each highlight box
Show2 is used 4 times, triggered by the 4 shape buttons (bubbles) to show a highlight box
Show2Hide1 is used 4 times by click boxes over the collaboration circle, to show the 4 bubbles
Try to create the three shared actions. In the next part I will explain how to use them to create this slide.
Let me know if you want to learn more about shared actions, their power and limitations. You can post a comment.
In the future, I plan to offer online training about advanced/shared actions. Let me know, by sending a note to the email@example.com) if you would like to participate.