'Execute Shared Action'
I could have interchanged the items for second and third parameter, it doesn't matter because both will be made visible. You are totally free which items to use as parameters. As an illustration: here is the same shared action for the last click box: you'll see that the second item to show is not a click box, but a text container:
Use Case - Description
- Image (circle)
- Group with 4 click boxes, over the circle image; only the bottom one, CB_Social, is 'Visible in output', the others are invisible
- Gr_Bubble, group with 4 shape buttons that are also text containers, all invisible at the start
- Tx_Instruction, set to invisible, that will appear when the last click box is clicked, telling to click on one of the bubbles
- Gr_HLCover, set to invisible, grouping the gray transparent shape covering the slide and a shape button to close the Lightbox
- Gr_HLBox: set to invisible, group with 4 light boxes that are (again) shapes used as text containers.
Events and Shared actions
The used events that trigger shared actions are:
- Success event for each of the click boxes, using the shared action Show2Hide1, you have seen examples of the shared actions above. Only the fourth click box had a slightly different use of the parameters: not a click box was shown but the instruction text Tx_instruction. There is no Failure action, because the attempts are left at Infinite.
- Success event for each of the 'bubbles', the shape buttons, triggers the shared action Show2, showing both Gr_HLCover and the appropriate lightbox. Again, the attempts are set to Infinite, no Failure action will ever be fired. Here is one example:
- Success event for the shape button Bt_CloseHL triggers the shared action Hide2. Wondering why I could use that same shape button with the same action, because there is not only the group Gr_HLCover to be hidden, but also the specific lightbox? Well, I don't hide one lightbox, but hide the whole group Gr_HLBox, which means the one that is visible will be hidden as well.
Visibility Shared Actions
In the first part I already explained that the number of times shared actions are reused is visible in the library. Double-clicking on the library item you can open the dialog with the Usage button and have details of the events where that action is used. You can also open directly the Usage overview only, by clicking the chain button at the top of the Library:
You will also see a nice summary in one of my favourite panels: Advanced Interaction (F9). Tip: this panel can be printed.
I did not see any comment in this blog yet, got some on other social media. Series is not finished, I plan to focus on reusing this kind of shared actions in the third part. That will be with another use case.