Last week a similar question appeared here in the portal, about using Images in Matching questions. I posted an answer without having tested it out, because Matching questions are rather different. Today I found some time to double-check my answer, and want to post about the possible problems. You’ll get – as usual – an example project as result of the exploration.
- Default Matching Type question: images are in the first column.
- Default Matching Type question: images are in the second column.
- Drag&Drop custom question slide as alternative.
There is one attempt on question level, and 3 attempts on quiz level. Review Quiz is possible after passing the quiz or having exhausted the attempts. You can use a scalable version using this link, or watch the embedded version below:
Workflow for Matching Type with Images
Editing Master slide
Editing Quiz slide
Problems – limitations
You should not activate the Shuffle option, because that will not work if images are present.
Changing the vertical alignment for the numbering leads to problems. Often the numbering just gets lost.
As you may have experienced, it is not always easy to drag the item to the correct one in the second column, especially for the second slide.
Since the added images are custom objects, they are below the embedded objects on the quiz slides (z-order). That makes exact moving difficult, and editing the colors of the SVGs (second slide) as well. Some tips:
- Do not try to select the custom objects on the stage, select them in the Timeline.
- To resize a custom object, do not try to use the handles but use the Options tab of the object.
- To move a custom object use the shortcut keys (with arrows). SHIFT-arrow moves 10px, CTRL-arrow 16px
- To edit the colors of the SVGs move them to the scratch area. It will be very difficult to double-click while they are on stage. Of course you can use bitmap images.